While gazing out of my window I noticed drizzling rain. My eyes were drawn to leaves on the ground that was dried and brown in color. Watching the small droplets of water fall upon them I could see them shaking.
So gently they would quiver as though they were still alive. I was saddened for them, thinking about how beautiful they were in the spring, so full of life in their season.
As I watched them, my thoughts veered in another direction. Seeing dying Christians instead of leaves. Thinking of how the Holy Spirit tries so hard to revive them.
Like the leaves we as humans have a season; if we are without Christ we die.
If we are with Christ, being nurtured and fed by the Almighty’s hand through His Love, His Spirit, and His Holy Word; we can grow in spirit and truth, His love and His grace. We then have the opportunity to be transformed as our season folds in; not tasting of death or feeling its sting. However the choice is still ours.
IF- we love Him, we will want to be near Him.
IF- we trust Him, we will seek out His direction and understanding.
IF-we depend on Him we will seek out His instruction.
IF-we rely on Him we will seek out His truth and Mercy.
How much of our Lord do we really want? Do we want all that He has for us; or do we want him sometimes, as we need Him? It is up to us. He has freely given Himself for as much or little as we want. The choice is ours.
Unfortunately, the less we are with Him, the less we hunger and thirst after His righteousness. The less we are with Him, the less He enters our thoughts through out the day.The less we are with Him, the less we hear His voice; Slowly dyeing without our notice; becoming no different then the leaves that fall from the tree and die.
Psalms 1, KJV
- Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
- But his delight is in the Lord; and his law doth he meditate day and night.
- And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doth shall prosper.
- The ungodly are not so; but are like chaff which the wind driveth away.
- Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgement, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
- For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous; but way of the ungodly shall perish.